Air fried chips are the way to go these days, why buy chips when you can make your own! That’s right make crispy and delicious air fried chips!
When you think of chips you probably think twice because of all the carbs and calories in them, and after all store-bought chips are indeed high in cholesterol and not very healthy. However, there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
Using your trusted and handy air fryer, you can make all kinds of chips that you can happily enjoy without feeling guilty. With air-fried chips you won’t falling off the wagon on your low carb meal plan since these chips are pretty suitable for your keto dieters. In other words, air-fried chips are the best option for your healthy way of eating.
Plus air fryer chips include a great variety, from potato chips to zucchini chips to even crispy and yummy apple chips. As you can see, chips can be very versatile; serve them as an appetizer, snack or side dish. In addition, these are really a lifesaver to homemade cooking, because who doesn’t love chips!
Easiest Way To Make Air Fried Chips
Cooking chips or fries using an air fryer is really painless, you could say is a very straightforward process. It takes just minutes to get prepared and even faster to cook. And the best part, thanks to the air fryer’s hot air technology, theses chips are certainly healthier than deep-fried or commercial chips.
These come out lower in fat, calories and even some potentially harmful compounds that are found in traditionally fried foods; all without compromising flavor and texture!
The easiest way to make air-fried chips is to peel and slice them, you can use a potato chipper. As a useful tip, if you slice the potatoes in half they’re faster to chip. Then rinse the chips in cold water. Pat them dry on a clean towel or using a kitchen towel. Some people like to pre-soak the potatoes but it is up to you.
Season your chips and cook for 12 minutes at 160 C in your air fryer. Turn up to 200 C for another 10 minutes. Check after 5 minutes as depending on size and the amount, they can cook quickly.
The process can be summarized in four simple steps:
- Slice the potatoes into thin slices. Place them into a bowl with cold water and let it soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove from water, pat dry with a towel.
- Season the potato chips with salt and oil or your seasoning of choice. Place them in an air fryer (1 or 2 layers) and cook for 20 minutes at 200°F. Remember to work in batches if necessary.
- Toss the potato chips, turn up the heat to 400°F and cook for about 5 more minutes.
Tips To make Air Fried Chips
If you are all about doing your research before trying out a new recipe, then check out these cool tips to make air fried chips a success since the first try!
- Use a mandolin to cut thin slices. This makes the process a lot easier.
- Soak sliced potatoes in cold water. Soaking will give you crispier chips. Water also removes the sticky starches which seems to discourage the chips from sticking together in the oil.
- Don’t try frying potatoes once they turn golden brown and crispy, or else they taste burned.
- Remove from the Air Fryer as soon as they turn slightly golden.
- Experiment with different seasonings to get a variety of flavors.
- If you find your air fryer chips not crispy enough, then spray them with a little spray oil and cook on a higher heat for a few minutes.
- Do not worry if your chips look raw as cooking times can vary depending on chip size, potato type and even the type of air fryer being used.
How to Add Flavor To Your Air Fried Chips
Adding flavor to your chips doesn’t have to be a scary thing. The most basic variety type of chip flavor is to use sea salt. Other standard seasonings include black pepper and garlic granules.
If you want to kick it up a notch, you can certainly add unique flavor to your chips. So instead of having plain chips in your hands be aware you can make them taste even better with a flavor modification. It all depends on your specific taste.
You can easily season your chips with your favorite herbs or spices after cooking. Check out below a few flavor twists and pick out your favorite.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of a Mexican or Italian seasoning blend, mix your chips with some olive oil until they’re lightly coated, then grate Parmesan cheese to give it that added gourmet taste.
- If you want to achieve a smokey edge, a teaspoon of paprika would do the trick. A touch of garlic powder and cayenne pepper and you’ll have chips bursting with flavor.
- Radically transform your chips by adding some pesto. Instead of dipping your chips, you could coat them in the dip.
- Other flavors to try include Cajun seasoning, ranch seasoning, dried basil, cumin, etc.
Air Fried Variation Chips Recipes
Below you’ll find different air fryer chip recipes that will absolutely blow your mind! From crispy and delicious potato chips to radish and banana yumminess. So, get your apron on and get cooking!
Air Fried Chips
Looking for a crunchy, tasty and healthy snack? How about this delicious air fried chips, because who doesn’t love chips right!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Oil-Free Chips
Looking for delicious chips that are oil-free? These tasty air fryer garlic Parmesan oil-free chips will totally take your chips game to the next level.
Air Fried Kale Chips Recipe
In the mood for Kale Chips? Did you know that Kale Chips are a healthy and easy snack to make in the air fryer? Plus, you are free to experiment with different herbs and spices to amp up the flavor of these addictive and delicious chips.
Air-Fried Crispy Banana Bites Recipe
Having that special craving kinda day? We got just the thing for you! Crispy, tasty, delicious fried bananas.
Keto Air Fryer Radish Chips
You probably don’t think about radish chips all that often but these Air Fryer Radish chips are crunchy, salty and spicy; definitely all you look for in a chip!
Keto Air Fryer Pita-Style Chips
Air Fryer Pita Chips are nice and crispy without oil thanks to your air fryer! This crunchy and tasty snack is also healthy; and very suitable for your waistline.
Keto Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan Chips
Looking for the perfect starter, side dish or snack? Check out these Air Fryer Zucchini chips with Parmesan cheese that are crisp and golden on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside.
8. Cinnamon Apple Chips Air Fryer Recipe
Apple chips are a delicious healthy snack that can be made right at home in your air fryer! They’re simple to make, perfect for kids and adults, and have no added sugar. Here’s How to Make Apple Chips in an Air Fryer!
Sign up for our AirFryer Recipes Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow AirFryer Recipes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest articles, recipes and meal plans!
Moreover, we love to hear from you so if you make an AirFryer Recipe make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @theairfryerchef.